Sunday, November 18, 2012

The One About The Lazy Sunday Afternoon...

Dave sez:



Hey, Cath,

You'll NEVER guess what bus I caught back from the orphanage...Stumped? The 507! can you believe it? I left right at five. I gave both Ethan and Masha hugs from you, I stopped for some Candy for tomorrow and a beer at that grocery right by the orphanage, and at 17:24, I caught the 507 at the bus stop to Holosiivska station. I was already to catch the first 255 that came by, when the 507 pulled up. Today was The Lazy Sunday afternoon. I went with two less burgers and one less fry, but I did remember the ketchup. The kids kept saying "Nyet! Nyet!" but I broke them down when I started eating. After they were done I sprung the Snickers on them. Ethan downed his in just a few bites. There was one burger left; and, Ethan ate that about an hour or two later.

Here's a little bit more on Masha. She doesn't like Ketchup. It's too hot. I'm thinking that would be barbecue sauce, but she sticks her tongue out and waves her hand over it at the mention of ketchup.

She doesn't cinnamon Altoids. I gave her one yesterday after we finished eating our burgers and she cried and giggled and her eyes bugged until she finished chewing it and swallowed it.


She likes Harry Potter, Big Tim Rush, Drake & Josh, Fairly Odd Parents and iCarly. I bet she likes Victorious, too. We spent the afternoon watching Nickelodeon, an
d that was the line-up this afternoon: Fairly Odd Parents, Big Time Rush - her favorite is James - Drake & Josh and Tuff Puppy. Amy Poehler's The Big B came on, and after that we switched over to The Goblet of Fire. She recognizes Robert Pattinson as Edward From Twilight.




I didn't get to stay for the whole movie. Ethan begged and pleaded for a break from English today. He promised that he would work on it tomorrow. The three of us huddled together on the sofa in the nursery where we took pictures of Scrat that other Lazy Sunday Afternoon.
 
Dinner is a couple of burgers from Mickey D's and a cup of hot tea.

Tomorrow we're back to the weekday routine of 9 - 2. Tomorrow starts the fourth week here in Kiev. We're counting down the ten day waiting period on the final court decree, in order to get Ethan's birth certificate. That should be either next Tuesday or Wednesday when we do that. Thanksgiving is an American holiday, so probably only the US Embassy and Consulate will be closed Thursday and Friday. Once we get his birth certificate, then he gets his picture taken for the passport and visa. Somewhere around there, I'll be able to bring him back to the apartment. We'll go to one of the Ukrainian offices for his passport. Then we have to go to the Consulate for his visa. He has his final physical, and then we should be on our way. That's pretty much what the next few weeks should be all about.

It seems like a month, but really, it's only four weeks.

Can't wait to see you on December 15th!

I miss you. Give Justin a hug and a kiss on the forehead and tell him Popi sez, Never let you go.

I love you,


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment